Saturday, March 12, 2016

True Friend, True Fighter , True Hero

UPDATE Tookie is going in soon to have the plate put in his head, which will help him feel more confident and normal, after that will be INTENSE physical therapy. PLEASE I MAY BE AGNOSTIC BUT IF YOU RE A BELIEVER I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF GOOD VIBES AND GOOD THOUGHTS SO SEND THEM TOOKIES WAY , WEATHER ITS PRAYER, MEDITATION, OR JUST GOOD OLD FASHION WISHING HIM WELL, KEEP TOOKIE IN YOUR HEARTS AND WE ALL HOPE FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY WE LOVE YA PAL! JUST THINK NO MORE BLUE HELMET ! :)

Tookies Story


We see scenes of destruction all day on TV. drone strike here, a bombing there. But what if the tragedy is purely by chance. What if this life changing accident just HAPPENED. And suddenly , you are Humpty Dumpty. BUT FUCK THAT NURSERY SCHOOL BULLHIT! YOU WILL REBUILD YOURSELF YOU WILL MAKE IT!



This is the story told in short chapters of the tragic accident that befell one of my best friends. A man I had known since I was old enough to, see he is a few years older than me and back then the older cooler kids where never me , at least when I was young. No I got to know Alvin "Tookie" Jent when the comic book, and toy shop I was working at suddenly had pool tables and a different crowd than the normal nerds. Good enough by then the owner had ran the place into the ground. Nerds who came to buy the latest issue of Super Man didn't quite mesh with the loud rowdy crowd in the back playing at the two tables. I realized slowly the dream of a comic book store where over. BUT a new adventure had begun.
We knew each other casually of course. Hell we live in the same holler and this was years before Anky took us building fence and getting paid in typical Anky fashion..... late and light...... But those are other days. Our days playing pool is where I really met Tookie.
Over the next few years Tookie, Me, and Anky where always going somewhere , weather its arrowhead hunting in the plowed fields, or go down to the Devils Backbone..... a place so magnificent..... I only wish i had my camera then. We worked for Anky's fencing company ..... if you could call it that. We were the people you called when you couldn't afford anyone else...
we fished, although the fights he had to get to go where more epic than any fish we ever caught. Tookie always went...... usually to a torrent of screams, but hey cat fish await.
But Tookie loved one thing that damn near killed him and has put him on a long road to recovery.They had said he would be about the level of a two year old and he was basically gonna be a vegetable.
What was that thrill that caused him part of his life...... Speed..... and yes we love it, everyone has a road they know and can drive it FAST, and especially at night when you can see if somethings coming you fly. I did it right where he did, I hit 60, in a 96 Cavalier 2.2 on Mill Creek in the middle if the night. But as Tookie hit the stretch of the holler, the place where everyone lays it down, he had to have been going close to 50 when what would happen but a totally suicidal deer jumped in front of him. Causing a major crash, A crash that will change the life of one man. A man of many personal passions, A man with a 14 month old son who I thought...................would never really know his father. Fucking the deer didn't have to worry about his cheating wife anymore, in all seriousness...... a freak accident has change one mans life into a struggle to become his own elf again. and Tookie is damn near dead.




BUT HE MADE IT OUT OF THAT HOSPITAL BED. HE MAY HAVE ONE AT HOME BUT HE'S ONLY USING IT TO SLEEP IN BECAUSE OF THE STRAPS....
YES....I SAID STRAPS......
YOU SEE TOOKIE, WHILE HOME, AND ABLE TO TALK, RECOGNIZE PEOPLE, REMEMBER THINGS ITS A STORY THAT NEEDS TO BE IMMORTALIZED IN PICTURES AND SOON FILM. THE MAN I KNOW, TRULY KNOW AS TOOKIE IS IN THERE. I SEE IT WHEN WE TALK, AND I KNOW I AM THANKFUL HE'S ALIVE


But back to the straps, it seams that tookies life has turned into a life of straps. His head, his bed, his arm, because its been dislocating . The right side of his skull is gone about an inch deep as you can see in the pictures. LUCKILY it did not cause major damage to the parts of the brain that control your heart , breathing, memory , etc.

This is just the introduction to the Alvine "Tookie" Jent story. I am going to do a video soon and follow his life, and his plans for rehabilitation now that he is out. For someone they thought would be either a vegetable or reduced to a child like state, I am not jumping on the DR.'s for being wrong, with the brain, YOU NEVER KNOW....... a hit to the head can change peoples entire personalities. I'm not an atheist, I'm Agnostic, but if there is a "God" or whatever you want to call it, he took Tookie in his hands for those first few weeks and while he may have went threw hell, now theres nothing in life left to scare you really...... I thank whoever, what ever... YOU BIG THING THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE THERE!..... THANK YOU IF YOU ARE! Because you saved the life of one of the best people ,one of the most kind hearted and charitable people I have ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment